Friday, December 8, 2017

My own personal twin day



This day started out pretty darn good and I couldn't stop smiling ALL. DAY. LONG.  Thank you, Alexis.

If I didn't know already (even though I think I kind of did) after today, I am pretty sure I was meant to teach in an elementary school.  How did I come to this conclusion?  If I, a woman in her late 40s, owns the same leggings as a five year old adorable kindergartener, then I was meant to be her librarian!

A couple of weeks ago I was in Alexis's class and noticed her leggings. "OMG! I have the same ones!" I dropped everything and emailed her mom.


Today was THE DAY!  It finally came! I couldn't sleep for 10 days!  Perhaps I will sleep tonight.


Anyway, when Alexis entered the library and they could hear me screaming down the hall (and I have soundproof walls).   Oops!  Thankfully, I don't think it travelled downstairs to the principal's office. 

So I twinned with this shy, sweet, always smiling girl today.  A huge reason to celebrate and leap! What was your reason to leap today?






We had to pose with a couple of my favorite books!

And of course, the leap!



4 comments:

  1. That is so adorable. I love that you read Big Cat Little Cat, how perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best. It looks like you two had a blast together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun!! Pig in a Wig needs a pair of leggings like that so she can match, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you, Stacey Rattner! What a huge amount of joy you bring to that school. I'd guess as much joy as those kiddos bring to your life!

    ReplyDelete