Wednesday, August 26, 2020

A Two Brush Night

I can't tell you my favorite ice cream flavor (coffee chunk?) or pizza topping (garlic?) but I can most confidently tell you my favorite candy--The traditional Reese's Peanut Butter Cup (with Reese's with Reese's Pieces and Outrageous closing out the podium). The weeks leading up to Halloween I begin my campaign of peanut butter cups from my students.  November 1 one year it actually worked and a fourth grader handed me a ziploc bag of all her Reeses. Needless to say, she got an A in library JK. 



This commercial, though.  It doesn't just nail my love for the peanut butter beautifully snuggled in chocolate, but also for the times we are living in right now.  Flexibility is the "F" word of the year. You just brushed? So what? Who says you can't brush again?  No one. Be in charge of you.  Take it from someone who has had many two brush nights.

Our classrooms and libraries will not look the same.  Our teaching will be different. Carts will be the norm.  Instead of lunch bins we will have quarantine book bins.  Canvas, Flipgrid, SeeSaw, Screencastify, Nearpod, Google Classroom, Schoology, Bitmoji, Pear Deck, Wakelet...a sea of terms we had to become familiar with nearly overnight, or at least over a spring and summer. Always did something the same way year after year? It may not work in 2020. Time for the "F" word. Remember the Reese's and make it a two brush year. We all got this! I'll see you on the flip side with a batch of orange wrapped chocolate all ready to share. 

1 comment:

  1. We're all remote for now, and it has really upped my Schoology game!

    ReplyDelete