Tuesday, April 13, 2021

yes & no

I have always been a crier. 

So it's no surprise that when a good day comes to an end, my tissues are close by. The sun sets and it's hard for me to imagine that another one is in the wings. And yet, there always is. Elisha Cooper's new book, yes & no brings up all these kind of feels and I have to say after several reads, I still get choked up at the ending.  

Paired with the good feels, this book also brings in a bit of that frustration I've definitely expressed many times early in my parental career. "Grrrr...Get outside and play. Now." 

In the end, this book of few words and even fewer varied text, is a true winner.  It's gorgeous. Fun. Funny. Sad. Gets your heart rate going. Offers a breath of fresh air and scenery. Wraps up so perfectly and honestly. Because I agree with the playful dog. "The day was good but now it's done." Sigh. yes...

So skip or run or leap to hilltop and scream, "YES. YES. YES. YES. yes. YES!" because this one is definitely a winner.

By the way, my kindergartners love it. They're riveted. And bonus, now they know what an ampersand is.



Two recent must read essays by Elisha:





1 comment:

  1. I am expecting more interesting topics from you. And this was nice content and definitely it will be useful for many people.
    https://masterdistro.com/product-detail/chief-kratom

    ReplyDelete