Friday, May 25, 2018

Evan Reviews "The Wild Robot"

Evan is BACK! This time he's is raving about one of our favorites from 2016, Peter Brown's The Wild Robot.

"The Wild Robot was really surprising and full of twists and turns. Peter Brown is a really creative author because I don't think anyone else could think of this story of a robot breaking and showing up on this island.  I don't think a lot people could think of that stuff. Like everyone thought Roz was different when she was really just trying to help them and everything. She would always try and communicate with them and they would run away because they thought she was a scary monster.  Later in the story I felt better for Roz because the animals understood her more when she started talking to her.  My favorite part was when Roz picked up Brightbill's egg and it hatched.  I like birds and ducks a lot.  This isn't part of the story, but my mom said that if I take care of our cat Dexter really well, she might get me a parakeet.  I thought the ending was really creative and smart.  I was surprised that the story felt realistic even though it was about a robot stuck on an island. Like the parts about the geese and the opossums.  I thought that was really, really cool. 
"The illustrations were simple in the beginning but I felt like they had more details towards the end.  I love Peter's art.  I don't like when authors go above and beyond with the artwork.  Peter kept it basic and so simple. I loved it.  I can seem some authors wanting to try and draw everything so detailed and he just did it basic and it turned out so well.  That was really cool.

"My favorite character is Chitchat.  I like Chitchat because she talks a lot, just like me!

"I love this book and I definitely think it should have won the Newbery award last year.  The words were way more detailed than the pictures, which is what I like.  Usually pictures tell the story, but in The Wild Robot the words tell the story."

So there you have it! We have another Wild Robot fan in our midst! AND another fan of the blog reviews.  Stay tuned for more from Evan!

BTW: This is a great blog post from Peter Brown about the making of The Wild Robot.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment