Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Unicorn Rescue Society: The Basque Dragon (#2)




This morning, fifth grader, Evan came in beaming! I had given him the arc of Book #2 of Adam Gidwitz new series, Unicorn Rescue Society. He LOVED it! "It was so good!" he exclaimed.  "I hope there are so many more coming out.  I can think of so many more you can come up with. And I really just want to read all of them.  I hope there's like eight more coming." He was speaking so fast and so excitedly, I could hardly keep up!

"I liked the creativeness.  A lot.  The names are really clever.  I would never have thought of that.  I can't even pronounce them like Mr. Mendizabal and the names of the dragons were really creative, too.
"My favorite part of the book was when Uchenna found this seven headed dragon, or what she thought it was.  And the six heads came off and they were just baby dragons.  This was really surprising because I thought it was going to kill her or something like that," Evan says with a big smile on his face. "Can this win the Newbery?"
"Probably not likely," I say sadly.  "I wish," he says emphatically.
"Adam is the best author yet."  His message for Adam, "Keep writing because your books are so great!"  Izzy was in the library, too, and you know she agreed wholeheartedly! 



I'm thrilled because on June 12, Adam Gidwitz will be walking the halls of Castleton Elementary School!  Yes, we were Inquisitor's fans from the beginning! And yes, we are Unicorn Society fans, too!  And moving on to Grimm fans (I just requested a copy from our middle school for Evan.)

ICYMI: 

Here's my blog post on Book #1:
Unicorn Rescue Society: Creature of the Pines

No comments:

Post a Comment