Thursday, June 16, 2016

The Adventurer's Guide to Successful Escapes




As part of the Little Brown Faculty Lounge, I received some ARCs of Wade Albert White's first book in his new series, The Adventurer's Guide to Successful Escapes. The book is slated to be released in September.  You will want to make sure to get a copy for your library.  Kids will devour it up.  Four fifth graders read it and this is what they had to say about it:

"This book is the best book that I've read in awhile and it is really intense.  When Anne is trying to escape St. Lupin's, there are so many iron knights and zombie sharks, you can't put it down.  It is so intense!"

"It never gets boring. We wanted to read the whole book the first day we got it."

"It was so good, I could read it again!"

"My favorite character was Anne because she is courageous, adventurous and brave."

"Dog was my favorite character because he is awesome and he can survive a dragon attack."

"Jeffrey was my favorite character because he always makes me laugh when he talks."

-Tyler, Morgan, Ethan and Declan

Of course, a leap for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment