Saturday, April 8, 2017

The Making of America: Alexander Hamilton



Don’t throw away your shot at reading this new biography
on one of our favorite, and now very popular, founding fathers.


I read Teri Kanefield's new biography, The Making of America: Alexander Hamilton,  in a book group with four fifth grade girls and we all loved it!  We learned so much! A couple of us were already Hamilton fans but now the whole group is.  I'm off to TLA in a couple of weeks and can't wait to meet Teri in person.

Here's what they had to say about the book:





“I like how it was written.  I like how it started with the duel and then ended with the death and then rewound and said Hamilton’s life story from beginning to end.”-Eva, 10




“This book is amazing.  I had a hard time not reading ahead.  My favorite character was Burr because he was a challenge to Hamilton.  I like challenges.”-Kerrigan, 10





“The part where Alexander Hamilton and his wife, Elizabeth, survived yellow fever surprised me so much because if you get yellow fever you usually die.  This book is so amazing.”-Maia, 10





“I could not believe that Hamilton and Burr were such good friends and then they ended up to be arch enemies.”-Abby, 11

We all had to keep reminding ourselves that this book was nonfiction.  It read like a novel.  “This is SUCH a good book,” Abby exclaimed.  "Add it to your library today. "

“Your kids will be happy that it’s there!” added Eva.


1 comment:

  1. I had to review this for a magazine and absolutely LOVED it, glad the kids are digging it too!

    ReplyDelete