Tuesday, October 6, 2015

My name's in print! My name's in print! School Library Connection!

YES!  Last spring the fabulous, Paige Jaeger, asked me to be columnist for the new journal, School Library Connection.  Not one to say "no" often, I took up the challenge and today the first column arrived in the mail!  Woo-Hoo!  I wrote about my experiences with our "Castleton Zoo" project.  Maybe I'll just have to have it on the coffee table on Sunday when 95 people are over for a post-Bat Mitzvah brunch….

Check out p. 44!

In other news, my fabulous volunteer, Mrs. Doe Warland, finished The War that Saved My Life this weekend.  She was up till 2 am reading!  She loved the book so much that not only is she going to lead a book group with it during our Newbery project, but she is also going to recommend it to her adult book club.  Tough, tough issues covered in the book, but done so well and so appropriate for fifth grade.  I know Doe will be hoping for some medal on that cover!  For her next read, I gave her my copy of The Marvels.  I can't wait to hear what she thinks of that one!

My daughter told me tonight that I should blog about all the things I'm doing in preparation for her Bat Mitzvah.  I don't think so.  I am very excited about the weekend and know I won't want it to end.  However, maybe on Monday when the last guests have left, I can curl up and read a good book.  Wonder what it will be for there are so many on my TBR pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment