Wednesday, April 18, 2018

The Great Shelby Holmes Meets Her Match



Elizabeth Eulberg was part of a star studded middle grade panel I went to at TLA a couple of weeks ago.  I am embarrassed to admit that I had not heard of her or her books.  But now I do!  And bonus! I got a copy of the 2017-18 Texas Bluebonnet nominated sequel for our "North North Texas" library in upstate New York!

Before I even had a chance to process the book, I passed it on to one of my best readers and reviewers, fifth grader Izzy B.  I'm not kidding! Izzy even has one of her blurbs on Chris Grabenstein's bookmarks!

Izzy, finished The Great Shelby Homes Meets Her Match just a couple of days after bringing it home. By giving Izzy the second in the series without having read Book 1, you can see that it could be a standalone.

What did you like about the book, Izzy?
I liked that it was an adventure and that Shelby was a detective and just a normal kid at the same time. But, not that normal. She can just look at someone and know their life story. 
Tell me a little bit about the book:
There's a missing watch. It belongs to Mr. Crosby, the science teacher.  Shelby and Watson have to find out who stole it. Along the way, they have to break laws to find out who did it. Trespassing, setting off a fire alarm, smoke bombs...It's not easy! To find out who did it, read this mysterious, adventurous book!  You will feel like you were right there solving the case alongside Shelby and Watson!
I can't wait to get this book (and the rest in the series) in the hands of more students!

There is always time for a leap!

No comments:

Post a Comment