Sunday, April 1, 2018

'Twas the Night Before...

...I left for TXLA18 and all through my house
Not a creature was stirring not even a mouse (although they would probably be thrilled if they were around with all those matzah crumbs)...

My bag is practically packed with multiple outfits, chocolate, books and t-shirts to raffle off at my Tech Camp workshop (Going Beyond Skyping Grandma), leaping shoes, headbands (you know I'm going to have at least one bad hair day), headphones, cords, oatmeal and of course, the obligatory running shoes that I probably won't touch...

How is it here finally?! It is going to be such a different experience this year! We have friends! I'm presenting twice! I've been invited to publisher events.  I'm ready for the exhibit hall. I'm prepared for no sleep (hence the late hour right now). I know what to expect.

Or do I?  I know that the conference is going to be awesome.  I understand that my head is going to be spinning 360 degrees from now until whenever as I attempt to incorporate all my new ideas and friends into my curriculum.

I've got people to tackle, too.  Are you ready, Judd Winick?  Because I think Chase, only your Texas sized BIGGEST fan wants us to FaceTime him wherever he is this spring break. Adam Gidwitz, we need to talk.  And Jenni Holm, I hope I don't cry when I see you like I did the first time I met you at ALA in 2015. And...and....and...

What about the friends? Emma and Kirsten, oh, words cannot say how excited I am to see you!  Jayce, you did the Newbery and I just want to hear EVERYTHING. And Karen...And, Becky, I'm going to hug you so hard, don't say I didn't warn you.  Jen and Nancy Jo, who knew that "North North Texas" would stick.  Well, it did and here we come again!

So, after having 33 people over for a seder last night and recovering from it today first by finishing another awesome book (When Dimple Met Rishi) and an afternoon hike with my family at Schodack (it's pronounced SKO-DACK) Island Park on the Hudson River, I am ready to fly half way across the country and "perfect my game." As Emma, Kirsten and I will tell you on Wednesday at 11:15 I am "in it to WIN it!"  See you tomorrow, Texas peeps! DALLAS OR BUST!
Today selfies with the fam. Tomorrow selfies with YOU.

1 comment:

  1. Have fun, get all the hugs and leaps you possibly can, and kick butt presenting!

    ReplyDelete