Monday, March 23, 2020

NAMASTE

The heat is on in my "hot yoga studio."  It will be ready for my class of one by the time this post is complete. Are you doing prerecorded or Zoom workouts at home?  I am so thankful for my Hot Yoga Spot classes.  These are the real deal.  My daughter's Friday modern dance class was via Zoom and she was sore from it all weekend.

Let's celebrate Mindful Monday together.


Susan Verde

We'll begin with our friend, Susan Verde.  Last May she was our gala guest. You know I have a lot of authors and illustrators visit our school so when one teacher remarked that "she was one of his favorites" I knew she was good. Today, Susan can come into your home virtually.

To kick it off, check out this video of Susan Verde and Emily Arrow on Kidlit TV.  If you're not into the interview at the beginning (Did you know I want to be Rocco when I grow up? FACT), then just forward to about 10:15 to start the yoga class with the amazing singer, Emily Arrow. I LOVE Emily's voice. She also has fun ideas to do on her website and her YouTube channel. Tune in every day at 1PM EST live. Who knows? She may inspire you to learn how to play the ukulele.  If so, send me videos! Send me videos anyway of anything you are doing at home!



Last week, Susan began reading her books for all of us on Facebook.  This is the beautiful and appropriate I am Love.  Be sure and watch through the end for a special meditation.




And if you want just a meditation, here is a post from Susan's Instagram.  She is posting live every Tuesday and Thursday.



And, if you want even more, check out this Teacher's Guide for activities you can do together at home.

Peter H. Reynolds

Peter H. Reynolds is one of Susan's amazing illustrators, who also writes and illustrates his own books.  Everyday he is reading on Facebook Live.  This was Friday's read aloud of his newest creation, Be You! (It just came out on March 3!) A perfect book for all of us right now!  Then, at the end of each video Peter teaches us how to draw. Side note: I could listen to him all day--he kind of has that Mr. Rogers feel in his voice, don't you think? And he even does a little Romper Room like shout out with the comments, so maybe he will say your name one day 🀞 (I always waited for "I see Stacey" on Romper Room. Must have happened the day I didn't watch πŸ˜‰)





More Mindful Resources

If you are reading this and you are from Castleton,  be sure and check out the Teacher Resource page from Mrs. O'Grady-Day, Mrs. Sober and Mrs. Friedfel from the Schodack website.  They have posted many, many more mindful activities.

Older kids at home? I found this list of resources that might be helpful to you.  Personally, I am going to print out the coloring pages and maybe watch the TedTalk. The second padlet has more ideas for younger kids and up.  I love the Sesame Street videos.

Happy Mindful Monday.
My "studio" is hot now.
My mat is ready.
I'm off to practice some yoga.
Until we meet again, hands on heart center.
NAMASTE. πŸ™πŸ’— xo


Made with Padlet
Made with Padlet

No comments:

Post a Comment