Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Chicken Little, Doughnuts, Marches and Cake

My students and I are Sam Wedelich's newest fans.
I'm just kicking myself that we missed her book birthday by 14 days.
Does it count for anything that we celebrated it on my birth-birthday?  

It's 15 days late now, but who's counting? Here is Sam reading her book, Chicken Little: The Real and Totally True Tale.


Be sure and check out her Instagram @samwedelich for all her posts and other videos.  After we watched her video we all brought out paper and pencils and followed her directions for drawing Chicken Little.






So my students (and I did, too, but you don't want to see mine!) followed along.  Look at their work! I'm so proud of them!




I can't say this enough--Check out Sam's Instagram and her webpage.  She has resources there (including a coloring page for Chicken Little) and a bunch of illustrations that I want to print out and hang up all over my house.

Speaking of illustrations, you know I am a huge doughnut and Laurie Keller fan, right? So yesterday was my birthday and she sent me this digital card of doughnuts leaping. OMG.  I started leaping right there. Be forewarned family--Starting Friday, I promise you our walls will be getting a facelift.


PPS (Was there a PS?) My other talented friend, Elisha Cooper, is offering a beautiful print of the march in NYC when you make a donation.  You can find it on his Instagram (I really need to go to Instagram more often) or just below lol.  I'm telling you. Love it or list it? I'm going to love it with my new artwork hanging up!



View this post on Instagram

Here’s an idea: donate to a social and racial justice organization, and I’ll send you a signed print of this sketch from last week’s march in Manhattan for free. Below are a few organizations, though if you have another one that’s close to your heart, by all means, do! Any amount. Just message me your mailing address, and I’ll send you art (I’m printing a bunch, but will run out at some point, so please check with me before donating). Does this make sense? Hope so, and let me know if anyone has thoughts, suggestions etc… Race Forward https://www.raceforward.org Black Lives Matter New York https://www.blacklivesmattergreaterny.com Black Voters Matter https://www.blackvotersmatterfund.org Equal Justice Initiative https://eji.org Sierra Club https://sierraclub.org

A post shared by Elisha Cooper (@elisha__cooper) on


One last day of school.  Unbelievable.
To my faithful readers, one regular blog post left. 
More on that tomorrow...Until then I will eat cake and then put one foot in front of the other for six miles so when I can help myself to a guilt free second helping.

Baked entirely by Zack=Yummy craziness!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment