Wednesday, June 3, 2020

YOU MATTER



I wish many of us didn't need to be reminded often of the message of Christian Robinson's newest book, but we do.  We all matter.  In his signature fun style, he gets the point across so well.  The small ones, the ones who are first to go and the last to go, old and young ones, lost ones, alone ones. We all matter.

This page may make you chuckle and squeeze in a science lesson, too:

"Even if you are really gassy. You matter." I love the multiple meanings.

We squeezed in a belated celebration for the book today. As always, we read the book, sang "Happy Birthday", blew out the candle and had a drawing for a copy of the book.  I changed it up and stuck the candle in an ice cream sandwich.  I wasn't too upset that I had to eat it when the party was over.  Just sorry I couldn't share it with all my friends who matter.

Here are some activity pages to pair with the book. One of the kindergarteners sent one back this afternoon.  Five reasons why she matters? She has a family, she's nice, she's generous (spelled jenerise), she loves her family and 



xoxo




(Don't you love the girl on the bottom left who is "blowing" out the candle?)

Don't miss the dedication in the book:

💗
"For anyone who isn't sure if they matter. You do."

I'll try not to forget that and neither should you. xo


No comments:

Post a Comment