Saturday, April 25, 2020

Dance for the Indie Bookstore TODAY

The wall outside Literati Bookstore in Ann Arbor, MI


Northshire Bookstore*
Thanks, Lindsay Lackey and friends.  I didn't get my first cry in yet today.  Were these just tears of joy? sadness? frustration because I just want to hug you all? I don't know but I want to watch it over and over again. Thank you for this video. It is SO good, SO inspiring, SO uplifting and full of SO SO SO much fun love. xoxo

I want EVERY SINGLE INDIE BOOKSTORE TO MAKE IT. I am trying to do my part (buying books for  myself and kids every week) and hope everyone who can, is.  And, oh, every single one of these book creators. I love you and thank you for your dance. I want to dance WITH YOU when we can all be together again! Plus, It was great to see so many familiar faces and friends! Love your sock dance, Sarah 😉



So, it's a sunny Saturday. I need to get outside.  I need to clock in my 10,000. But I also I know I couldn't support #IndieBookStoreDay #IndependentBookStoreDay in just 240 characters. A brief blog post was in order.  

I could just say, "Please support your local bookstore today," but that doesn't seem like enough.  Maybe it is, but I have never been one for few words. 
Need help finding a store? Don't forget bookshop.org and libro.fm.

Last Sunday's New York Times Book Review published an editorial that gave me my first cry of that day.  It's hard to think of everyone behind the making of one book and beyond. The other day, I reached out to someone who's business coordinates author and illustrator school visits and he told me he had to let all his staff go. My heart sank.
I searched for the link on the NYT website and could not find it.  Hope you can read it this way. You might notice my notes from the week.


I read this tweet last night.  Follow the whole thread. Maybe throw in a t-shirt with your book order.



Speaking of t-shirts, I'm excited that Jarrett Lerner will be posting new t-shirt designs later this week!


Jerry Craft Spring 2019*

There you go. Could I have said it all in 240 characters? Maybe, but that's just not me.  I'm a wordy gal and I like stores with lots of words in them.  I have always dreamed of going on a Indie Bookshop Tour. Let's add that to my #BookIt travel agency (Don't know what I'm referring to? Check out this post.)

To begin, can I get the list of all the stores mentioned in the video, Lindsay?  I'll start planning my route tomorrow with the Bookhouse in Albany. 💕

Today in my Literati t-shirt!

*Shout out to Northshire Bookstore in Saratoga Springs, NY where the photos were shot and the Manchester store who have been so accommodating to my current needs. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment