Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Book Birthday Party TODAY!




My kids were up late baking oatmeal cream sandwiches, you know, like the Little Debbie kind. Omg. They came out so good! There better still be some left by 1:15 today!  I know it's not chocolate cake or Tillamook Marionberry Pie ice cream (Yes, this Yankee had to look it up! And what do you know? I can find pints locally!), like 4th grader Ryan Hart would probably prefer, but it will have to do.  If Ryan were here, I'd give her one. I can't imagine anyone not liking it.
Oh, Ryan Hart. I love her so much and I know you all will, too! She's being described as a modern Ramona.  I can see that. But she is unique in her own way and so real. 

Ryan, her older brother, Ray and her parents move into a new (old) house.  It's taken some time getting used to but after the house is filled with family and friends on Easter, Ryan realizes that "...it's the people that make a place a home. Without love, all you have is a house." This rings so true today.  We need to fill our homes with love, inside and out. Physically and virtually to help us get through. Love always wins.

Talent show. 
Sleepover. 
Hair love.
Mysterious hairpins.
Sunshine imagination parade.
And a surprise at the end that will surely lead to some exciting material for future books...

Not to downplay Ramona at all.  She's great and I can totally see Ramona and Ryan being friends! I'm just excited to introduce a new crop of students to Ryan starting TODAY.  Her voice is so authentic and fresh. I know they will love her as much as I do! And Book #2? I hope I don't have to wait too long.  I start stocking up on the Tillamooks tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment