Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Book Birthdays Part 2

At least I knew what I was going to wear today.
Last year for Halloween, Mrs. Kelliher and I dressed up as the character from Susan Verde's I am Peace. I dug it out, donned the peace earrings and necklace and I was good to go for the day.

Party 5: The Three Little Yogis and the Wolf Who Lost His Breath: A Fair Tale to Help You Feel Better by Susan Verde and illustrated by Jay Fleck


Susan at the top left. Thanks Mrs. K for joining us and the photo!

It was so good to see some new faces at the party AND Susan!  Thanks to KidLit TV you, too, can have a little party yourself for the book.  Hey! It's not too late! A birthday lasts the whole month, you know. Mine is in June and in my family the month is renamed, Junacey.



The final party of the week was this afternoon. When I looked outside and saw clouds, I felt hopeful that some kids would stay in and join me.  Three enthusiastic (another chapter please) and grateful guests showed up and I was happy.

Party 6: We Dream of Space by Newbery winner Erin Entrada Kelly



I bought this book on libro.fm yesterday thinking I would be able to find the five and a half hours to listen. Yeah, that didn't happen.  But we still had a great party.  Having the audiobook helped.  I projected my screen with this sample from Harper Collins and paired it with the audio.  You know it's a good party when everyone wants to keep reading.

(This was a good birthday rendition. Please disregard that I got the title wrong. Ugh.)

This week, this crazy leaping librarian gave away twelve books plus two prints.  I just can't help myself. Maybe only one book birthday party next week?  Ha.  Anyone want to place a bet that will happen? I could use some extra cash lol. xo




No comments:

Post a Comment