Thursday, May 21, 2020

Hot Potato

Thanks to Lindsay Lackey I introduced myself to Arianne Costner. Not important why or how but just that it happened and for that I am grateful.  I always love making new literary friends.

Arianne's book, My Life as a Potato, sounded like the perfect middle grade read.  The first chapter is posted on her website and a bunch of us read it today at what I called an "Un-Birthday" party.  In hindsight, maybe I should have said it was a "Spud Birthday." I brought a bag of potatoes. One boy showed me his potato plant and encouraged me to grow some, too.  If the first chapter was engaging and funny, I can't imagine why lies ahead.  We were all hooked.  So much so that I promised them I'd get the ebook between now and Friday at 2pm so we can read on. 


Be sure and check out Arianne's website. You can find out what kind of potato you are (me, Russet), learn a potato dance and find a recipe for Ben's version of Potato Casserole (which I really do love and always have a bag of shredded potatoes in my freezer in case I get a craving).

Speaking of potatoes...

I love Laurie Keller's Potato Pants. We had a super fun book birthday party when it came out. All the kids brought a potato and we made our own Mr. and Mrs. Potato Heads. Did we eat some potato chips afterwards? We should have if we didn't...

Is this meant to be or what? A read aloud of the book by DayTripper, a guy that goes all around TEXAS (!) exploring every corner of the state. I'll call that fate.


So stick that rotten spud in some dirt, watch it grow and in the meantime, let me know what kind of potato you are.

And I apologize in advance for this one but...

I can't think of potatoes without the Wiggles classic, Hot Potato. I admit, I did like those guys oh so many moons ago...




No comments:

Post a Comment