Friday, May 1, 2020

Everywhere Book Fest

I just flipped my calendar to May. The first event highlighted, circled and starred was happening tomorrow: The Hudson Children's Book Festival.  Sigh. The past few years I hadn't been able to make for one commitment or another and was excited that this year my calendar was clear.  I just didn't know how clear it would be.

BUT...we're ALL in luck. The Everywhere Book Festival is about to begin! I will try and keep this brief (ha! not my forte as you know) so you can actually clear your calendar, watch with kids and get pumped for #kidlit.  I heard that one of my 7th grade English teacher friends will be watching with students because a panel happens to occur at the same time as her regularly scheduled meet.  That's cool! Thanks for the idea. I will plan to do the same with my Reading Ambassador lunch today at 12:30.

"So publish this blog post already, Stacey," I say to self.

Here. Jump straight to this link for the schedule.  Or check out their YouTube channel for videos and more read alouds.

I know. I know.  I'm busy, too.
I'm already "booked" with meets with kids (lol--all puns intended) to watch Kwame Alexander's reading of his Acoustic Rooster (got your jazz keyed up?) at 10:30 on Facebook Live and Jacqueline Woodson's Pecan Pie at 11:15. The Festival's events will be recorded so we can watch on our own time (so are the Facebook events) but isn't it so much more fun to watch live? I always hope for a shoutout.

So many authors. So many illustrators. So little time. Really, not a bad problem to have. Today all I wish for you is that at least one person (I bet more!) inspires you. And you find time to listen to the birds, take a walk, bake bread and dance. That's my plan. (as soon as I find some bread flour). Happy Friday. xo

One Last Word

Speaking of dancing, last Saturday was #IndieBookStoreDay and I wrote this post.  Now more than ever Indie bookstores need you.  Please, if you hear about a book that you would like to read and purchase, I encourage you to get it from an Indie bookstore.  We all thank you. 😊

Finally, on that same note (more puns this Friday!) I leave you with this video that I promise will get you dancing, smiling, and tapping your feet.  I apologize in advance if the song is stuck in your head for the rest of the weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment