Friday, May 22, 2020

Happy Birthday, PACMAN!

Today was PACMAN's 40th birthday. Wow. Like other birthdays, this meant I was thinking about him and the MS all day long.



Of course, this also reminded me of Erin Entrada Kelly's We Dream of Space. Yes, I am still thinking about that book.  Fitch is really into pinball in 1986 and pinball machines were definitely losing their momentum by then. Probably Pacman and the Ms had something to do with that.

We all know kids who love video games whether they are our own (not mine surprisingly), our students, our kids' friends.  You know who they are.  How are they spending their time now since school is virtual?  More video playing time? Less? Do they want to read books about video games or something entirely different? I know I want to just plain read.  Doesn't matter what it is as long as it grabs me and I can escape for a bit. I'm SO looking forward to an extra day to attack my TBR pile this weekend!

Speaking of the weekend, a few of my students and I went to a bedtime story hour tonight with Angela DiTterlizzi compliments of Wellesley Books.  It was great! SHE was great! I want her to come to CES!  She read her brand new book, The Magical Yet. I can't wait to share this book with all my students.
 
"There's a place beyond where we are now."
-Angela Diterlizzi 
(I want to print that out and hang on my wall of inspiration.)

Then, we got a bonus read aloud of her book, Just Add Glitter.


I am thinking of sending some glitter to the three kids who attended tonight. Their parents won't mind too much, right? I mean, we could all use a little glittering up these days.  If you have some around, break it out and sprinkle it as your leap.  Just blame Pacman. Birthdays always deserve glitter.



No comments:

Post a Comment