Wednesday, May 13, 2020

The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow!

The big notification on my phone this week is "Dinner at Doe's" for tonight.  Every time an author or illustrator visits, my fabulous volunteer hosts a delicious and most memorable meal at her home for our guest of honor and others. We've had a chicken BBQ and smores with lots of kids with Sarah Weeks to an intimate table for four with Elisha Cooper and everything in between.  Kwame Alexander. Chris Grabenstein. Jewell Parker Rhodes. Emma Virjan. Even an Italian pastry afternoon snack for Adam Gidwitz.  No one can come to Castleton without tasting Doe's cuisine.

Why didn't I think of this before today?! I should have had Doe whip something up and ship it out to Loren?! Agh! I was too focused on ME. On selfishly ordering my ice cream from Cincinnati. Sigh. I hope Loren forgives me. Oh dear Doe.  Please advise next steps. I hear he loves NY style pizza.  

So tomorrow is our day!

Castleton Elementary Families: You will find the Choice Board on my resource page.  Try and do any as many activities as you can and know that this is only a small glimpse into Loren's books.  Then please join us WITH Loren at the end of the day.  Get dressed up! Wear a tie with PJ bottoms! Put on a fancy scarf! Our gala even made it to the Schodack calendar this year--that's how far in advance we have been planning for May 14.  But all is not lost and I'm excited to hear what you do and for all of us to meet with Loren LIVE.

Want a taste before the Choice Boards get released?

Here's Matt de la Pena reading his LOVE illustrated by Loren:


How many times have you read Goodnight Moon?  Loren illustrated a book by the same author, Margaret Wise Brown, titled, Good Day, Good Night.  Here's the book trailer:


What does your day and night look like? How different is it today than from before?

How can anyone not love Otis the Tractor's courage and heroic acts in every book.  Otis and the Puppy is no exception. Did you hear? Loren just got a new rescue dog, Charlie.  He and Charlie have started to run together.  I want a dog so badly...All tips to help me convince my family to get one are encouraged and welcome.


So we have a lot in store for tomorrow! Anyone can join in--Get up early! Paint trees. Eat ice cream in fractions. Share your love. Sing about a hole in a log. Run around a tractor.  And don't forget to set a reminder on your phone so you don't miss our party with Loren. You know YOU CAN. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment