Friday, May 8, 2020

We All Scream for Ice Cream!

I've been craving ice cream.  Right at this moment it's a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Sundae from our local soft serve seasonal place, Lickety Split. Ahhh...But I could for anything.  Down the shore, I love Peanut Butter Ripple--vanilla ice cream with frozen ripples of peanut butter throughout. Ahhh...Last weekend I treated myself to Brew Ha Ha from Stewarts and it was quite refreshing.  And in honor of our upcoming "Loren Long Day" on Thursday, I'll be splurging later today and buying a half dozen pints from his local ice cream shoppe, Graeters.

Monday is Peter Sis's birthday so we'll begin with a read aloud of his book, Ice Cream Summer.


Here are a couple of activities to go with the book thanks to RIF: A word search that can be used on the computer or printed out, a memory match and a crossword puzzle. RIF also has this one page activity guide with more ideas to do at home. 

Here's another fun ice cream read aloud:


Want to make your own ice cream at home? Follow this  recipe  or this video:


I can't write a post about ice cream without including a shout out to my friend, Elisha Cooper.  Have you checked out his Instagram lately? He posts short, fun videos daily about painting, his cats, the ocean, his cats...https://www.instagram.com/elisha__cooper/ Maybe he'll do one on ice cream for us?


If you weren't craving this treat before, I'd be surprised if you aren't now. For your sake, I hope you have some stashed in your freezer.  

Oh, and back to Graeters--Loren Long designed the carton for Chunky Chunky Hippo. I was glad when that flavor appealed to me lol because I knew I had to buy it. So a couple of these pints are in my cart.  Anyone want to splurge and go in for a dozen with me ;-) Happy ice cream eating! 🍨🍦








1 comment:

  1. Give me most Stewarts' ice cream flavors! Have you tried their limited edition half gallon Peanut Butter Cookie???? Delicious!

    ReplyDelete