Friday, May 29, 2020

If You Come to Earth

Oh boy. Three times could be a charm, right? 
In my mind, Sophie Blackall has done it again.

Thanks to Day of Dialog, Chronicle and Edelweiss, I was able to read and share the digital F&G of Sophie's newest fabulousness, If You Come to Earth, with a few of my 5th grade Reading Ambassadors today.  It was my first time looking at it as well and together we dropped our jaws, examined the beautiful masterpiece and yeah, even got a little teary.  The colors. The message. The inclusivity. The details. No beat was missed. She even tipped her hat to her beloved lighthouse and sea.



But don't listen to me.  This is what the kids had to say:

"This should be read to the whole school.  It's beautiful. The wording is very nice. Even kindergarteners will understand what it means and what the main thing that it is all about.  I think teachers will like it, too...The message is that people on Earth can do lots of things together and apart...working together is always better instead of hurting each other."-MH

"The message is that we should take care of our planet and cherish it more than we do."-SS

Here's a simple but to the point review, 
"๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Great book."-NR
"Accept who you are and what you are are.  People can be sick and cured and then climb mountains.  Some things are hard but nothing can be impossible."-MH (She is reading All the Impossible Things right now by Lindsay Lackey. Lindsay and Sophie inspired her to say this.)
I know what I will be doing on September 15th.  Getting out my birthday candle for a party with blue "Earth" cupcakes, of course. That celebration cannot come soon enough. 

From the chat box during our meet


 

No comments:

Post a Comment