Wednesday, May 27, 2020

#CarleArtInPlace



Like everything else, my son's 8th grade field trip to Philadelphia was canceled. Today is the virtual visit.

If it is a fraction as good as the #CarleArtInPlace exhibit, then it will be a worthwhile day.

I just sat and soaked in all the art in this virtual exhibit. Elisha Cooper shared the link on his Instagram so I initially went to view his page only. I couldn't figure out how to click on the "chapters" or "rooms" until the end and am very grateful for that.  Every time I turned the page I wondered if it would be him.  
Surprise. 
But ahhhhhh....
Not yet. 
My eyes widened.
It was just another fabulous artist, sharing beautiful art and thoughtful messages in an enviable space . Take my advice and don't skip.
Grab a drink (almond milk for me) and a treat (bookbirthday chocolate cupcake with chocolate frosting), a cushy-comfortable spot and enjoy. 



I loved Sandra Boynton and YoYo Ma's collaboration.

It was wonderful to see Ashley Bryan. I hold a special place in my heart for him.

When I walk through my neighborhood and observe the only children playing alone or with parents, I can't help but feel for all of them. I want to share Carson Ellis's Only Children Hang Tight to these kids.

Like Dan Santat, I, too want to learn how to play the ukulele but I promise I will not be building my own.

Elisha and I are both planning to send our daughters off to college this fall. Spending all this extra time with her is going to make the separation even harder. Back home, I will look up from my desk and see us in Dublin, NYC, Spain, the beach...the many, many places we traveled together.  I might cry but ultimately, I know these memories, like those around me, will save me from falling deep into my sorrow.

Melissa Sweet.  Ryan T. Higgins.  Peter Sis.  Fellow Cincinnatian with Loren Long, Will Hillenbrand. LeUyen Pham. And more... 

Which artist or art spoke to you the most?

PS-Be sure and visit the Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art for ideas on how to do art at home, virtual storytimes, and more!


No comments:

Post a Comment