Thursday, May 14, 2020

Ice Cream for Breakfast



A styrofoam cooler was delivered on my doorstep yesterday filled with a dozen pints of ice cream straight from Cincinnati. I know. I know. Do you need ANY more proof that I am insane? Yeah, so when I found out that Loren Long painted the famous hippo, Fiona, for one of the pints of Graeter's ice cream I just went a little crazy.


Shhh...don't tell anyone but Loren and I filmed a short bit for the morning announcements right after the box arrived and since it was "morning" I ate the Chunky Chunky Hippo for breakfast. Super Yummy.  I can't wait to try Loren's favorite, Black Raspberry Chip.

What else is there to say?  Sigh.  I wish Loren could come to Castleton IRL but this will definitely do for now.  Grade level choice boards are posted and kids have the opportunity to draw trees, visit a local farm, watch read alouds, create music, problem solve a hole in the log, run around a tractor, and so much more!

We'll conclude the day with a visit by Loren himself. Yay! Fingers crossed technology cooperates and all goes according to the best laid plans.  A huge thank you to Loren for putting up with all my craziness.  Just think--most visitors only have to put up with me once.  He will have to twice! How can I make it up to him?  A styrofoam box on his doorstep, to start?

And if all goes well, I will look forward to a celebratory pint (no shortage of those in my freezer). Ice cream for breakfast and dinner? Most definitely!




2 comments:

  1. Do six impossible things before breakfast and eating ice cream for breakfast sounds awesome. I hope it's a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black raspberry chip is good, but the BEST is chocolate chocolate chip with raspberry sauce. I attended the University of Cincinnati, and my daughter just graduated from there, so we are well verse in Graeter's offerings. Sounds like you had a lot of fun with your event.

    ReplyDelete